automake 1.11.3 check-TESTS and command line length

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: automake 1.11.3 check-TESTS and command line length
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 12:55:10 -0600 (CST)

I am again bit by automake not being able run the test suite on systems with bounded command line length. Up to automake 1.11.2 I was able to apply a patch by Ralf Wildenhues. With 1.11.3 the implementation is totally different and the patch has no hope of applying.

What is the prospect that Automake will be able to run large test suites again?

Thanks,

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn