Automake and make include

From: Дилян Палаузов
Subject: Automake and make include
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 16:15:39 +0200

Hello,

Automake has "include" directive, that is executed when Automake is run. Make has another "include" that is executed, when "make" is run.

A Makefile shall generate a file, include it/read the variables defined in it, and continue, considering the values in the generated Makefile, to calculate properly BUILD_SOURCES and prog1_SOURCES.

I want that "make" generates a file, that is then included within the Makefile, and Automake copies verbatim the "include FILE" from Makefile.am to Makefile.in , without interpreting "include". How can I achieve this?

This file shall be read before BUILD_SOURCES is expanded, so the "include" shall happen at the beginning of Makefile.in . How can I do this with Automake, and not at the end. Is this possible with Automake?

Thanks in advance for your advice
  Dilian