Module statically linked, and maintainer-clean rule

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Module statically linked, and maintainer-clean rule
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 11:34:54 +0100

Hey

Our project build some modules as shared lib. We added the possibility
to statically link them to the library with autoconf. We then define
BUILD_STATIC automake conditionnal to select what we want. The tree
directories are:

src/lib <--- where the lib is
src/module  <-- where the module is.

 * in src/module/Makefile.am:

if ! BUILD_STATIC

pkg_LTLIBRARIES = module.la
module_la_SOURCES = foo.c

else

noinst_LTLIBRARIES = mylib_module.la
mylib_module_la_SOURCES = foo.c

endif

 * and in src/lib/Makefile.am

if BUILD_STATIC

SUBDIRS += ../module
mylib_la_LIBADD += ../module/mylib_module.la

endif

It works well, until I use the maintainer-clean rule. Indeed, because
of the SUBDIRS in src/lib/Makefile.am, maintainer-clean is launched
twice, hence an error as there is no Makefile anymore in src/module
when the 2nd maintainer-clean rule is executed.

I also tried this in src/lib/Makefile.am:

if BUILD_STATIC

mylib_la_SOURCES += ../module/foo.c

endif

but then same kind of error, with foo.Plo in src/module/.deps when the
2nd maintainer-clean rule is launched : that file does not exist
anymore

Does someone know what I have to do ?

thank you

Vincent Torri