Re: AM_CFLAGS no longer in the manual

From: Diego Elio Pettenò
Subject: Re: AM_CFLAGS no longer in the manual
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 01:22:26 +0100

On 10/12/2012 01:20, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> Devil's advocate: what happens when projects start adding a Test
> configuration (in addition to Debug and Release)? In Test, things like
> private and protected are defined to public so interfaces can be
> tested and state asserted?

I haven't hit that kind of projects to be honest — I would say they
don't fare well into the usual automake configs — and for sure they fit
very badly on Gentoo at the very least because tests are ran on the same
code that is built for install, by design.

I would be surprised if Debian or Fedora support that any better, but I
can't refute that myself, so ...

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
address@hidden — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/