Bison/YACC suffix bug

From: Michael Blumenkrantz
Subject: Bison/YACC suffix bug
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 18:09:43 +0000

Hi,

It seems that there is a bug with yacc filename suffixes, though I am unsure
under which conditions it triggers.

I have a makefile here which defines AM_YFLAGS = -d:
http://git.enlightenment.org/devs/discomfitor/maelstrom.git/tree/src/bin/azy.mk

The issue is that when running yacc (bison -y) on re_parser.ypp, there are two
possible filenames which are output:

* re_parser.h
* re_parser.hpp

It seems to be impossible to know which file will be created; the only
consistency is that a system will always generate the same name. Systems with
the latest software tend to generate the .hpp file (which is correct according
to the manual), while older systems create the .h file.

Is this a known bug or something, and is there a fix for it?