C++ and .cp extension

From: John Andreasson
Subject: C++ and .cp extension
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 09:57:27 -0700

Hi.

I have an old C++ project that I'm modernizing, and part of the process
involves migrating to Autotools.

All source files uses the .cp extension. I know it's not common, but many
compilers recognize it as C++. Automake doesn't do that however.

I guess I could rename all of them to end in something that Automake
recognizes, like .cc. But I would like to ask if there's a way to make
Automake accept .cp first?

I have searched the documentation, but all I can find is the list of
supported file extensions. I think there must be a way to explicitly tell
it to use other extensions as well.

John