Re: make check fails with gtk-doc

From: Stefano Lattarini
Subject: Re: make check fails with gtk-doc
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2013 10:26:43 +0100

On 07/05/2013 01:46 PM, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> gtk-doc uses an "external" program to run checks, as documented in:
> https://developer.gnome.org/gtk-doc-manual/unstable/reports.html.en
>
> Apparently since 0.13, this causes the following error, because
> automake creates logs outside of build directory:
> fatal: making test-suite.log: failed to create /usr/bin/gtkdoc-check.trs
> fatal: making test-suite.log: failed to create /usr/bin/gtkdoc-check.log

My guess is that this is happening because the default testsuite harness
in Automake 1.13 has switched from the old serial one (which didn't
create any log file) to the "new" parallel one (present since Automake
1.11).  If you want to re-enable the use of the serial harness you'll
have to use the 'serial-tests' automake option (only available since
Automake 1.12, sorry!).  Can you confirm the problem disappears if that
option is enabled?

> Since it's a regression in automake, I thought I should report it
> here, perhaps automake should ensure the log files are always local.
> In the meantime, I will adapt my projects to use a linked version or
> something
>
> thanks
>
> --
> Marc-André Lureau