Re: problem with subdir-objects and not found .Plo files when migrating

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: problem with subdir-objects and not found .Plo files when migrating to 1.14
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 15:56:50 -0600

Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against your approach. And the automake
maintainers are certainly not purposely trying to make things more
difficult for you. I merely suggest that you may run into more issues down
the road simply because supporting your setup is not a current goal of the
tool.

Indeed, I've found these guys to be quite amenable to adding new build
paradigms to automake's repertoire.

I'm glad you found a solution that works.