Re: How do you set VERBOSE for parallel testin

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: How do you set VERBOSE for parallel testin
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 17:01:01 -0600

On 05/08/2015 04:55 PM, Arthur Schwarz wrote:

> I just checked the latest iteration of my output listing (VERBOSE = 1) and
> saw the rule for
> Makefile:478 showing test-suite.log failed. Don't know why.

If any test causes a FAIL, XPASS, or ERROR condition, then 'make check'
will likewise fail.  The output from make is telling you that your
testsuite caught failures that should not be present if the testsuite
were passing.

> The output listing is below and the Makefile.am is included in an
> attachment.
>
> Heck, I don't know what I'm doing. If anyone can explain what I need to do
> to remove the error messages I'd really appreciate it.

Which error messages are you trying to remove?  The only error message I
say in the output you posted is expected, given that you have a failing
test.