Re: [gnu-soc] Automake - Summer of Code - Has any student taken on the "

From: Mathieu Lirzin
Subject: Re: [gnu-soc] Automake - Summer of Code - Has any student taken on the "Parse Makefile.am using an Abstract Syntax Tree" project?
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2018 15:33:38 +0100

Hello Khuong,

luukh <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm a Junior student in Computer Science at Oregon State University,
> US.
>
> This afternoon, I just heard about this project from my Compiler class
> instructor which I just finished, so I'm totally aware that I'm very
> late to the party.

Just out of curiosity who is your instructor? :-)

> I'm interested in the project "Parse Makefile.am using an Abstract
> Syntax Tree". I have 2 questions:
>
> 1 Has any student has proposed or taken on this project yet?

Yes there is already 2 candidates, but project attribution will made
after the deadline which is set to March, 27.

> 2 If there has been, should I or am I allowed to propose/apply to this
> project?

Yes you can still apply.

> Once I receive a "yes" from you, I will start writing the proposal
> immediately and finished it in a day for you to revise.
>
> A brief related technical background about me:
>
> * Since I have just finished a course in Compiler at my university, I
> have a basic understanding of Compiler phase. I have implemented a
> parser for a subset of syntax of Python that generates an Abstract
> Syntax tree from the source file as well as using GraphViz to
> visualize it. Here is the link to this project on Github.
>
> * I'm also in progress of completing the rest of the project, which is
> generating LLVM IR representing the Python source program, then run
> some optimizations on that IR before using it to generate object code
> for a target machine.
>
> * I have skills in Data Structure, Algorithm Analysis, intermediate
> level in C/C++, and a basic understanding of Unix/Linux operating
> system.
>
> * I don't have experience in Perl but I'm can pick it up quickly on
> the project.
>
> * Here is my Github profile.

Looks interesting, Make sure to include those information in your
proposal draft.  You can send this draft only to <address@hidden> and
drop <address@hidden> from the Cc.

Thanks.

--
Mathieu Lirzin
GPG: F2A3 8D7E EB2B 6640 5761  070D 0ADE E100 9460 4D37