Re: automatically showing test-suite.log on failure?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: automatically showing test-suite.log on failure?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 22:15:31 GMT

    >    I might be missing something, but I get that behavior in my automatic
    >    builds by calling 'make check VERBOSE=1'.

    This does not appear to have any effect when using the TAP framework.

So it seems. From grepping the installed automake, I see VERBOSE used
in exactly one line of code:

  am/check.am:373:        test x"$$VERBOSE" = x || cat $(TEST_SUITE_LOG);

(All the other occurrences are about Automake's V= verbosity feature, I
believe.)

But since in my project (TeX Live) we have always used the regular
driver, I am happy :). --best, karl.