Re: Warning category skew between Autoconf and Automake - workaround in

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: Warning category skew between Autoconf and Automake - workaround in autoreconf?
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 11:07:25 -0400

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 6:43 PM Karl Berry <karl@freefriends.org> wrote:
> Hi Zack - in addition to the other replies, how do you prefer to do the
> sync? (which it seems like we might as well do asap.) From am to ac, or
> from ac to am?

We already sync quite a few Automake/*.pm files from am to ac, so I
think it makes most sense to sync ChannelDefs.pm in that direction as
well.  There's a minor complication because automake's version of
ChannelDefs.pm uses Automake::Config, which is a generated file, and
autoconf's build system can't deal with generating it, and I don't
want to mess with that during the release freeze.  But I have a
workaround already.

zw