Re: Behaviour when using both "--dry-run" and "--always-make" together

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: Behaviour when using both "--dry-run" and "--always-make" together
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2021 16:56:22 -0600

Hi Johan,

    make --dry-run --always-make

I'm somehow amazed these two options work together at all. They seem
mutually unintelligible. In any case, it's the first time I've heard of
this, so I don't have a best (or any) practice to suggest. Sorry.
Maybe someone else here has some ideas.

I imagine there must be some way to avoid the endless loop, but it's not
something I'll ever have time/energy to debug. Any reasonable patch
would be welcome, though. --best, karl.