Re: [avr-chat] avrdude : chip not responding

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] avrdude : chip not responding
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 13:53:38 +0200

> I hope that the AVR chip I got somehow sn't faulty and got shipped with
> some kind of write protection ! Or my chip is lost !! :-O :o(

I am now using the "Terminal" mode of avrdude.
it appears that I can happily READ the flash and eeprom (the latter does
return loads of '0xFF', unlike the former...), but that as soon as I try
to write to the eeprom, or try to erase the device (hence 'writing'...
zeros), it says that the device is not responding !

So my device is clearly alive, avrdude and my cable clearly working, I
can read the chip however I want, but any attempt to write anything in
the chip fails.... :-/

So I don't know, maybe a weird bug in avrdude with the ATmega 32 ? I
guess I could try with UISP to see if it makes any difference...

I read the fuse bits, ("part" command in the terminal mode) and it
reports that both bytes read 0x00, which has me severely worried, has
these values don't seem to make any sense according to the
datasheet ! :-O

Ohhh deaaaar, I am really starting to fear the worse now :-/

--
Vince, bursting into tears...