[avr-chat] quickie - pgm space string init

From: Steve Franks
Subject: [avr-chat] quickie - pgm space string init
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 14:05:59 -0700

So, I'll probably move things around so this goes away, but,

I'm init'ing an array of structs, and I'd like one member to be a
progmem string.  If I put PSTR("") around the initialization, I get
"error: statement-expressions are allowed only inside functions",
which I'll buy, so I try putting the (correct) syntax for
__attribute__ progmem into that struct member, which builds, but ram
usage stays the same.  Perhaps the moment is at hand for one more
entry in the faq.  I'd be happy to do it, given the priveledges.

Steve

--
Steve Franks, KE7BTE
Staff Engineer