Re: [avr-chat] Can avrdude-5.3.1 handle stk500v1 and ATtiny15?

From: Joerg Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Can avrdude-5.3.1 handle stk500v1 and ATtiny15?
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:11:06 +0100 (MET)

address@hidden (Erik Christiansen) wrote:

> Both avrdude-5.1 and avrdude-5.3.1 seem to think that the ATtiny15
> has PAGEL and BS2 signals:

There seems to be a logic flaw in that module.  The stk500v1 module
doesn't support high-voltage programming anyway.  However, as this
only affects the extended parameters, it should not matter much for
your ATtiny15.

You could try filling in dummies for that into the config file.  I'm
also attaching a temptative fix that reduces the number of extended
parameters to just the size of EEPROM in case PAGEL and BS2 are not
defined.

> An experimental attempt to program via ISP, anyway:
>
> $ avrdude -c stk500v1 -p t15 -e -U flash:w:obj/flash.srec
>
> resulted in a segmentation fault.

Can you analyze that?  I don't have a v1 firmware STK500 handy here to
reproduce it (and will probably also lack an ATtiny15).  It's not
supposed to segfault, obviously.

Any chance to upgrade the device to a v2 firmware?