Re: [avr-chat] How to program fuses with avrdude

From: Juergen Harms
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] How to program fuses with avrdude
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 17:00:17 +0200

> What else could be happening for the comunication to fail?

There are 3 items in the chain that can be at fault: avrdude, your programming interface (ICE or whatever you use), and your CPU; can you try and assess for the initial 2 whether they work correctly?. Avrdude: are you using the right command-line arguments? Interface: what are you using - an ICE, the infrastructure of an STK500 or ... ? did you ever have a correctly working configuration? ("burned the parallel port": of the interface?) CPU: I think it unlikely that you destroyed several CPUs in a row - I would say the most likely reason for non-communication is a CPU that does not have clock cycles (therefore does not execute instructions), but I think people with more experience will have more pertinent advice. You should be more specific on the interface you use.

Juergen