Re: [avr-chat] Storing B&W bitmap images into Flash : file format sugges

From: Vincent Trouilliez
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] Storing B&W bitmap images into Flash : file format suggestion ?
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 05:28:29 +0100

David Kelly <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Jan 14, 2010, at 6:27 PM, Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> > "srecord"... hmm that name sounds very familiar, not sure where I heard
> > of it exactly in the past, but was many years ago I think...
>
> Motorola S19 "hex" file format.

Oh yes, "Motorola" rings a bell, I remember now !

It was in 1996/1997. I was at school, learning micro programming on the
8051. To write our assembly programs we used an old MS-DOS based
universal assembler called "ECAL". It supported several types of micros
then, the 8051 we were using of course, but also the Motorola 680(?)
and the Z80, and probably other I have forgotten about. So when
generating the object file we had to select the file format, and among
the few choices presented on the screen, was "SREC". SREC, sounds very
much like SREC(ord), that's why it sounded familiar to my ear !

--
Vince