[avr-chat] Burning bootloaders...

From: Pierce Nichols
Subject: [avr-chat] Burning bootloaders...
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 14:26:46 -0700

I finally had an opportunity to download & build the latest avrdude
code. It now treats bootloaders properly, yay! No more 2 minutes to
flash a board.

However, it always takes two attempts. The first attempt to flash it
always fails at the verification step with:

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x1f002
         0x00 != 0x90
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

The verification error is genuine -- the bootloader really doesn't
work. If I attempt to flash again, it works perfectly. Any ideas what
the issue might be?

The cmd line, for what it is worth, is as follows:

sudo avrdude -p atmega128rfa1 -c avrisp2 -Ulfuse:w:0xff:m
-Uhfuse:w:0xda:m -Uefuse:w:0xf5:m
-Uflash:w:ATmegaBOOT_168_atmega128rfa1.hex

-p

--
Pierce Nichols
Principal Engineer