Re: [avr-chat] far addresses

From: Bob von Knobloch
Subject: Re: [avr-chat] far addresses
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2017 15:27:37 +0200

On 25/08/17 15:18, Rolf Pfister wrote:
I also had an issue with a program bigger than 64K.
But this was on an Atmega2560. The problem was the
programmer didnt write blocks above 64K to the
right place.

This is not my problem - all is correctly programmed.

Now I also used the Atmega1284P for some smaller
projects. Never used yet more than 64K.
I think your Example is too short to give an idea
where your problem is.

Well, the problem is that the compiler doesn't appear to return the correct
address for constants (even when only the lower 16bits are examined) when
accessing objects above 64k.
It must be capable internally, I have code running there.
--
The Sun is out, the sky is blue, it's time to drive the MR2.