USBasp -P option failing

From: JanHenrik
Subject: USBasp -P option failing
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2020 20:59:13 +0100 (CET)

Hey!

I encountered a problem with a multiple USBasp programmer setup and I would
like to ask if this is known/if there is a known fix to it. I looked though the
bug-reports and searched the internet, however this seems to be a either rather
unknown problem or usecase.

The AVRdude documentation states, that multiple USBasp programmers can (only)
be distinguished by their physical USB-Bus connection via the '-P' option (e.g.
in my case, Linux, '-P usb:001:095', lsusb shows two programmers located at Bus
001 and device 095 and 094). However this does not work, I can write pretty
much anything after '-P' (yes even '-P Babelfish' works :D), the last connected
programmer is always chosen. Is this a known Issue and is there a fix for it?

I am using two (later more) usbasp-clones (FASTUSBasp based), connected to the
same USB-Hub, running the following command: 'avrdude -p m328p -c usbasp-clone
-P usb:001:095 -v -B 4 -U flash:w:firmware.hex'

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards
Jan Henrik