avr-gcc-list

Re: [avr-gcc-list] How many parameters to function ?

From: J Wunsch
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] How many parameters to function ?
Date: Fri Jan 12 00:44:04 2001

address@hidden (Robert Rozman) wrote:

> Is there any restrictions on number of parameters or I'm just doing
> something wrong ? - I'm using win32 port from Volker Oth.

I have no problems compiling the following.  If i look at the
generated assembler file (avr-gcc -S -mmcu=... ), it looks completely
OK:

int
func(int a, int b, int c, int d, int e, int f, int g)
{

   return a + b + c + d + e + f + g;
}

int
main(void)
{
   func(3, 5, 8, 9, 24, 30, 1);

   return 0;
}

Parameters a through e are being passed directly (r24/r25 down through
r16/r17), the remainder is being passed as reference to constant
values.  I'd assume for more parameters to be passed on stack, but
didn't try yet.

--
address@hidden         http://www.interface-systems.de/~j