[avr-gcc-list] Thanks

From: Dale Seaburg
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Thanks
Date: Fri Jan 12 18:18:04 2001

A big thanks to Jason, Carl and especially to Joerg.

I have successfully built the avr-binutils, avr-gcc and avr-libc.  I
used the Makefile that Joerg gave me to simplify my compiling and
conversion to .hex file format.  And, finally, again, thanks to Joerg
and his suggestions, I was able to build uisp.

However, that one (uisp) was a bit tricky.  I had to go into the DAPA.C
file and hand edit the #defines because it could not find my lp.h
include file, or so it seems.  Specifically, I had to enter the 0xNN
values for LP_PAUTOLF, LP_PSTROBE, LP_PINITP and LP_PBUSY (that were in
the original lp.h).  I have a lot to learn, I guess, how C works when it
comes to locating include files ;-)  C can be SO stupid at times, or is
it the operator that is stupid... :)

I then found on my DOS machine a zip file of gcc test scripts that
Volker Oth had made to test the DOS translation of avr-gcc he had made.
I never did install the avr-gcc dos version.  I unzipped them on the
linux box and did a 'make gcctest1.hex', followed by a 'uisp -v=2
-dstk200 --erase --upload if=gcctest1.hex'

Wow!  It worked!  I did have to go into that first test and add in one
more loop to slow down the blinking of the LED's.  But, it worked!

Now, I can use my STK200 dongle to ISP my projects.  Also, it looks like
(with my very limited testing so far) that what may have been broken in
the past now seems to work.

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this success.

Dale Seaburg