Re: uisp - was Re: [avr-gcc-list] Thanks

From: Dale Seaburg
Subject: Re: uisp - was Re: [avr-gcc-list] Thanks
Date: Sun Jan 14 05:56:04 2001

Marek,

Marek Michalkiewicz wrote:
> Are you sure you got the latest version (uisp-20001216.tar.gz)?

No!  I simply, and inadvertently, got what was near the top of the list
(sheepish grin).  My most humble apologies.

> The current version already contains the necessary include files.

I downloaded the latest (20001216), and was pleasantly surprised to find
new features.  I read in the README that you encountered (and corrected
- 20000930) the same problem I had with the 0.2b release - parallel port
bit definitions (lp.h file).

I do have a question or two:  what is the difference between these two
switches: -dstk200 and -davrisp?  I have the cable/dongle from my
STK200, so I assume, and use the -dstk200 option.  I'm assuming, because
you differentiate, the Atmel AVR ISP (cable?) must be not the same as
the cable from the STK200.  Is this correct?

With regard to the --segment option, is this for selecting which area
(flash, eeprom or fuse) gets uploaded?  It appears from the --help that
if one were to use the srec format for the upload file that this would
be auto-selected.  Is this assumption correct?

Perhaps, I need to look for a FAQ so I don't bother folks with these
endless questions ;-)

Thanks for the help.

Dale