Re: [avr-gcc-list] Atmel .asm to avr-as xlator

From: Dale Seaburg
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Atmel .asm to avr-as xlator
Date: Mon Jan 15 15:59:04 2001

OK, you probably think I'm crazy by now.  Here I am answering my own
email ;-)  You're probably saying to me under your breath, RTFM.  But, I
say I'm having problems (until now) FTFM (Finding The Fine Manual)!

I found Volker Oth's web-site: http://8bit.at/avr/  "Atmel For Dummys".
It's anything BUT a dummy site.  But, then for folks like me, it was a
gold mine...  take that anyway you want <G>

I found a few gold nuggets in his FAQ.  Also, he has a link to Rich
Neswold's GNU Development Environment for the AVR Microcontroller.  A
quick glance through the pages lets me know it's a true gold mine for
anyone serious about programming the AVR with avr-gcc.  Excellent!  Two
Thumbs Up!

Now I need to shut up and do some serious reading.  Besides Rich's
manual, Volker suggests several lib files to look though for syntax
examples, plus his gcctest suite - which I have an early copy, but his
update includes a new one which may explain several of my questions.
Thanks, Volker.  Let's hope they answer ALL of my questions.

Once I accomplish my conversion of the .asm avr files in DOS format to
the avr-as format, I plan on documenting what I've learned and
publishing on the list for your reading pleasure (boredom?).

Thanks,

Dale.