Re: [avr-gcc-list] Floating point support in latest GCC

From: Gunnar Henne
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Floating point support in latest GCC
Date: Tue Jan 16 20:55:04 2001

Hello Larry,

Larry Barello schrieb:

> Hat's off to Gunnar for making working Win9x binaries available.

It wasn't that hard, the hint for the Win9X adaption came from this
list.

> The stuff I downloaded from Gunnar didn't include source for the various
> support libraries - was that an oversight?

No, I left off the sources intentionally. There are the original places
where you can download the latest sources. Seems, the locations should
go into a FAQ.

> I need to compile the fp library + re-compile
> all other lib's so the avrobj stuff will work.

Isn't the fp library now part of the avr-libc?
Why do you have to recompile to get AvrStudio to work?
I have by now not managed to debug an avr-gcc program using AvrStudio.
Perhaps you can send me a small working example, if you get it to work.

> I have all the source from
> the Volker Oth's distribution, but question whether I should attempt to use
> it, or spend my time looking for newer stuff.

The stuff from Volker Oth is quite outdated, as far as I know.

Greetings

Gunnar