[avr-gcc-list] Empty .eep file and example makefile

From: Robert Rozman
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Empty .eep file and example makefile
Date: Fri Jan 19 23:45:04 2001

Hello,

I've used older Volker Oth binary for win32. Now (thanks to Gunnar) I've
installed also newer version (much newer as I heard).

Now I'm compiling same project under newer avr-gcc (but with older
VOlker Oth makefiles and make utility) I suddenly notice that my .eep
file is empty.

I do eeprom variables and definitions in this way:

typedef struct   {
  int serial_num;
  char name[MAX_NAME];
  char address;
  char status;
  char operations; } node_par;

node_par podatki __attribute__ ((section (".eeprom"))) =
 {SERIAL_NUM,"noname",'1',some_char, some_char};

-----
I kindly ask for correction and maybe some contributed makefile for
newer avr-gcc with bigger project (one target, several .h and .c files)
could help me (also maybe make utility). I see no mistake in syntax so
there must be something in makefile that doesn't create .eep file
correctly.

Thanks in advance,

Robert Rozman