[avr-gcc-list] Re: Got AvrStudio 3.2 to work with avr-gcc

From: Gunnar Henne
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re: Got AvrStudio 3.2 to work with avr-gcc
Date: Wed Jan 24 23:09:04 2001

Hello Thorsten

Thorsten Ostermann wrote:

> Does this mean you plan to release a new avr-gcc binary for windows?

Yes, but I am stuck in two ways:

Under WinNT there seems to be no unix-shell except the cygwin one, so I
cant run configure. (cygwin sh mangles pathnames)

I tried to Cross-Compile gcc on Linux targeting Win32 (mingw32), but my
mingw32 LibC lacks some functions, which are needed to compile the
actual gcc.

In the moment, I am waiting, if my questions in several locations on the
net will get answered.
If someone tells my the trick, I will build a Win32 avr-gcc which
doesn't mangele the pathnames.

> But as a long time windows user, I
> prefer 'ready to run' distributions ;-)

My binaries are ready to run, but debugging *.c files with AvrStudio
does not work.

Greetings
Gunnar