Re: [avr-gcc-list] Diffenrces betwwen Volkers and Gunnars distribution?

From: Carl Wall
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Diffenrces betwwen Volkers and Gunnars distribution?
Date: Sat Feb 3 06:25:05 2001

Hi Thorsten
  I installed Gunnar's binaries last night on an NT system.  I Had Volker
installed before  on the D drive.  The binaries installed into a different
directory and where placed on the C drive.  I installed them in the following
order Binutils,  GCC,  Libc and the gnu tools.  A couple of files where
duplicated in the zip files and get over written so I think the order is
important.  I then moved the run.bat file from the  Volker installation
and modified it to reflect the new directory and removed the commands that
made the old libc files.  Then I made a new short cut to the run.bat file.
 After that I moved the gcctest directory and the make1 make2 files. This
moring I tested the rom file that I made on the system last night, and it
is running correctly on the stk200 board.  If there are any other surprises
I have not run into them yet.
  Cheers
   Carl