Re: [avr-gcc-list] SRAM Usage

From: Larry Barello
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] SRAM Usage
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 07:20:55 -0800

You need the compiler from a couple months ago, vs the one on Volkers web site which is over a year old.  The new compiler packs SRAM properly.  Try:  http://combio.de/avr/ for the PC and Linux versions.

Beware: there are a few issues with the new compiler.
1. Register passing conventions have changed R24, R22, R20.. for byte P1, P2, P3...
2. Linker messes up eeprom section (add "-R .eeprom" to both hex and avrobj targets)
3. The compiler was built with weird address range for eeprom so you need to relocate the eeprom to zero (add "--change-section-lma .eeprom=0" to eeprom target)

Cheers!