[avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy and eeprom

From: Dale Seaburg
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] avr-objcopy and eeprom
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 00:06:50 -0500

In Rich Neswold's excellent paper "GNU Development Environment for the
AVR Microcontroller" dated January 23, 2001, he mentions that
avr-objcopy can be used to extract portions of an AVR executable file
and write the contents to other formats, specifically the flash (or
ROM).

He goes on to say that the same can be done for the EEPROM section, but
unfortunately, he doesn't give an example of how to do this.  The
manpages for avr-objcopy leave a little to be desired (for me, anyway).
It may be in there, but without a concrete example, I'm lost.

Would someone please be so kind to post an example of how to uae
avr-objcopy to extract the eeprom section to a hex formatted file?  I
would be most appreciative.

Thanks,

Dale Seaburg  KG5LT