[avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC sram variables

From: Ufficio Software
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] AVR-GCC sram variables
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 18:52:27 +0200

HI,
I'm developing an application using AT90S2313 (128 bytes of RAM) using AVR-GCC version 2.95.2.
My application defines 70 bytes of SRAM (global variables), but having a look to map files, the variables are allocated starting from 0x70 and some bytes variables allovates 2 bytes instead of 1.
The final result is that the stack overwrite some variables.
How ram from 0x60 to 0x70 is used by AVR-GCC compiler? Can I use this area?
How global variables are allocated? How can I modify this behaviour (if possible).

Thanks for help.

Patrizio Zelotti
address@hidden