Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb-5.0 patch + simulator + hardware

From: Jason Kyle
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb-5.0 patch + simulator + hardware
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 19:39:16 +1200

Hi everyone,  some answers to Karsten's questions

2.
I need some time to figure out what, the problem is. The ^M in the
source-files. Using recode on the patched files solved the problem and gdb
compiles cleanly.

Sorry about that, didn't spot the obvious windoze CR's in there - probably because vi under cygwin doesn't show them. Patch 0.1 has the CR's removed.

3. Concerning the problem of compiling gdb5.0 another question come up.
Roland has linked opcodes bfd include libiberty
into the binutils directory? Is this also needed? Can somebody explain
this to me?

gdb5.0 before patching has almost all the avr related files from bfd opcodes libiberty directories, I have included the only missing one ( /include/opcode/avr.h) in the patch file so there is no need to do the symbolic links into your binutils build anymore. Just patch gdb-5.0 and build.

4.
Using avrmon-stk200-0.6.0 together with the newly and cleanly compiled
gdb5.0 and setting the target to "avr-mon" results in the following:

target avr-mon localhost:11111
Remote target avr-mon connected to localhost:11111
monitor_supply_register (0):  bad value from monitor: 00    r1 =00    r2
=ff
r3 =ff    r4 =ff    r5 =ff    r6 =ff    r7 =ff
r8 =df    r9 =ff    r10=ff    r11=ff    r12=ff    r13=77    r14=ff
r15=ff
r16=ff    r17=48    r18=00    r19=ff    r20=ff    r21=ff    r22=ff
r23=ff
r24=00    r25=00    r26=ad    r27=00    r28=00    r29=02    r30=2a
r31=00
X=00ad  Y=0200  Z=002a
SREG=02    C=0 Z=1 N=0 V=0 S=0 H=0 T=0 I=0
PC=000a2  SP=025c
db>.
(gdb)

To be honest, I haven't a clue what this means.

Pass, next question :) I'm going to try and use a serial port debugging interface as an alternative to the SPI port one Denis originally used.

5.
A simulator would be nice. Some times ago I posted a link from a
university
in Germany, where a simulator can be found.

I'm going to find time to look at it soon, the author would need to consent to it being added to the gnu project if it was to be an official part of gdb.

Cheers,

Jason Kyle