[avr-gcc-list] Avoiding memory initialization

From: S S
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Avoiding memory initialization
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:54:52 +0100 (BST)

Hello Everybody,

I am using Atmega103. I have declared an array of char
which I do not wish to get initialized on every CPU
reset signal. I am keeping some acquired data here. In
short I want to use this array as battery backed up
RAM. However startup code clears the entire bss
section on every reset signal. Is there a way to avoid
this? Can somebody provide me source code to do the
same?

Thanks.
Sean.

*NEW*   Connect to Yahoo! Messenger through your mobile phone   *NEW*
       Visit http://in.mobile.yahoo.com/smsmgr_signin.html