[avr-gcc-list] Re:[avr-gcc list] IDE

From: Cristian Burneci
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Re:[avr-gcc list] IDE
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:04:25 +0200

On Mon, 19 Nov 2001 12:14:40 -0600 Bart McCoard <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good IDE that can be used to edit C code and
execute
> command line batch files for use with AVR-GCC and Windows?  I've been
using
> multi-edit, but its not free.  I need something that can pipe compiler,
> assembler and linker information to a window.  I've also used the free
IAR
> IDE that comes with the IAR assembler, but I dont like it.

I use Setedit. It uses a Turbo-Vision like interface and it was meant to be
used with GCC. Among other features it parses the output of GCC and sends
you right to the line of source the error has occured. It even opens the
file in question for you. It is free. Versions for DOS/Windows and Linux
available at:

 http://members.xoom.com/stropea/
 http://setsoft.webjump.com/
 or any Simtelnet mirror, example:
 ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2apps/edi*.zip

Cristian Burneci