Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp with segmentation fault

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] uisp with segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:51:35 +0100

Hi Chritoph,

> I have not seen it from the strace, but have you thouht about the fact,
> that you MUST be `root' !!

I tried uisp as root as well, that change not the bahavior. You are
right that
I tested with strace with user rights. Sorry. But my root-strace
looks absoluly equal, only the uid (0) and the pid is an other.
After getpid it crashes. :-(

> The uisp uses the `ioperm' call to get access to the io-ports. This call
> need's root priviledges. From strace I see, that you are the user "500"
> not "0" !! (getuid !)
In the dump you can see no ioperm call. I think there is a problem with
librarys
but where and how to fix that?

> Switch to the user root and uisp will work.
No :-(

Bye,

Klaus