[avr-gcc-list] uisp serial timeout too low for ATAVRISP?

From: Jon McClintock
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] uisp serial timeout too low for ATAVRISP?
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 08:09:54 -0800

Hello,

Has anyone else experienced the need to increase uisp's serial timeout value
(from 1 second to 5 or 10 seconds) to get it working with the Atmel ATAVRISP
programmer? Could the need for a longer timeout period be explained by the
slower clock on my target platform (1.8432 MHz)?

Other than that, uisp (the latest snapshot, dated October 25, 2001, IIRC)
works fine for me. It could do with some interface improvements, like
status and progress indicators; would the maintainer be open to patches along
those lines?

-Jon