[avr-gcc-list] Locating Bootloader code

From: Pieter Potgieter
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] Locating Bootloader code
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 10:46:36 +0200

Hi folks

Help wanted:
How do I tell the linker to use an absolute address for a module eg.
Bootloader.o.
I want to put the bootloader part of the code for a mega128 to start at
address 0x1FC00.  How do one do this?

Plans tried:
1.  I have tried to put the following Assembler statement in the C code
module for the bootloader, but the linker treats it as a relative address.
__asm__ ( ".org 0x1FC00");

2.  The --start-section SECTION=ORG also does not work if I use the linker on
the command line.  Or maybe I am just using it incorrectly.

Any suggestions on an elegant way of locating the bootloader code to a fixed
address will be appreciated.

Thanx
Pieter Potgieter