Re: [avr-gcc-list] Locating Bootloader code

From: avr-gcc
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Locating Bootloader code
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2002 11:37:59 +0100 (MET)

Pieter Potgieter <address@hidden> wrote:

> How do I tell the linker to use an absolute address for a module eg.
> Bootloader.o.

I did the following to help out a fellow (with an ATmega163):

.. use a linker script that:

  - moves the program entry point up
  - reduces the size of the flash so the linker could detect an
    overflow
  - throws away the contents of section .init (to avoid putting
    interrupt vectors into the bootloader)
  - uses section .myinit for the very first jump (that used to be
    in .init before)

.. use init.S to create the initial jump

.. use -Wl,-Tavrmega161.x to tell the compiler to use the linker script