Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb

From: Theodore A. Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:36:37 -0700 (MST)

I have been working on a patch for gdb-5.1 to add avr support for remote
targets. Right now it is only useful with my simulator and Scott
Finneran's avarice project for atmega128.

For a monitor, try Tor Ringstad's avrmon-stk200 (based on Denis's work).
As it stands right now, it won't work with my gdb patch, but I've talked
to him about changing it and he seems interested.

I haven't used the older monitor-0.2 and gdb-4.18 stuff, so I don't know
what luck you will have there.

You might be able to debug some basic stuff with gdb-5.1, my patch and my
simulator. It's still a work in progress though.

Here's some links:

gdb-5.1 patch and my simulator:
  http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/simulavr

avrmon-stk200: