Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb configure fails

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] gdb configure fails
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 19:59:33 +0200

Hi everybody,

i'm sorry, this is surely off-topic, BUT related to gdb-5.2
or better insight-5.2:

I configured and compiled "insight-5.2" for the target
"powerpc-unknown-elf" (I have an evaluation board for that
one and compiled a Linux kernel and several packages for
that one that all work fine:
http://www.s.netic.de/tmohr/linux.html -> embedded stuff )

When i start a program for that target in insight, an
use the target "simulator", it all works quite fine,
BUT the registers are not updated.

This is very annoying, because i debug some assembler code,
i really want to see the assembler code.

Can anybody see the registers in "insight" for an AVR target?

What could be the problem?  I'm not very experienced with
GDB/insight, so this can really be a stupid problem.

When i configure insight for i386 and use target "exec",
everything works fine.  Is there anything related to the
target "simulator"?

Thanks for any hints,
Torsten.