Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc-20020612

From: Christoph Plattner
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] avr-libc-20020612
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 23:28:53 +0200

Hello !

Is this a good strategy to set all not-defined interrupt vectors to
a reset instead of handling this with a common dummy routine ?

Even in safety-critical applications a correct handled "wrong" interrupt
should not lead to a reset, because the availibility is reduces, and it
is not an impact to the safety.

The quite best soultion is to introduce a "dummy" routine which calls
a waek symbol, so that a developer can set an default handler for
non-defined interrupts to do
- reset the machine (if the design should do so ...)
- do nothing
- do an error report, log, whatever...
- hold the machine (fail safe/fail silent).

Christoph

private:        address@hidden
company:        address@hidden