Re: [avr-gcc-list] Releasing an installer of avrgcc3.2 on AVRfreaks.net

From: Peter Bosscha
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] Releasing an installer of avrgcc3.2 on AVRfreaks.net
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:41:30 +0200

Marek,

On the watchdog, my problem was that the divisor value was not loaded,
the change fixed it.

On issue 3. I cannot recall exactly whether it was R28 or R29. All I
remember is that R28/29 is used as a frame pointer for the local
variables and that the stack got messed up completely because at some
stage one of the registers got used for something else.

Issue 5: Don't understand exactly what you meant with your comment?
What I do know is that there's some weird behavior (Curiouser and
curiouser said Alice).

If I do:

void (*funcptr)(void);

void foo(void)
{
  funcptr = (void *)0xfc00;
  funcptr();
}

funcptr is global, correct value is loaded, the call goes to the right
address.

- - - - - - - - -

However:

void foo(void)
{
 void (*funcptr)(void);
  funcptr = (void *)0xfc00;
  funcptr();
}

Results in address / 2 being loaded!

In other words, to get correct behaviour I have to make use of 2 sram
bytes.

Regards,
Peter