Re: [avr-gcc-list] probelms with new avr-gcc from avr-freaks

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] probelms with new avr-gcc from avr-freaks
Date: Sat, 06 Jul 2002 11:52:36 +0200

> >avr-gcc -x assembler-with-cpp -c -Wa,-gstabs -mmcu=atmega103   -o
> os_cpu_a.o os_cpu_a.s
> os_cpu_a.s: Assembler messages:
> os_cpu_a.s:181: Error: number must be less than 64

<SNIP>

So, i´ve looked at the generated list files, and what i saw is
absolutly crazy.

The include files will not read until end! So the definitions at the
bottom of the files will not read and so the later definitions,
SREG for example, will not readed and so the following compiliation
crashes.

The read of the included files will ever end at the same line where
the file which include this file ends or stops cause of #if/#elseif!
What will say this?

This seems to be a really big bug. Can we fix it today :-) It is
fine reproduceable so there must be a chance to solve.

Thanks
        Klaus