[avr-gcc-list] XRAMEND & avr5.x

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] XRAMEND & avr5.x
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 20:33:45 +0200

Hi all,

sorry, but I have a maybe stupied question again.
I want use external RAM at atmega 128
This is not the questions for setting up the
avr registers, because this is part of wellknown data
sheets. I have problems to understand
the linker scripts and header files.

What´s to do? XRAMEND is allready set in
iomega128.h.

How can I place data to external and
other variables to internal faster ram?

I´m confused by the fact that only avr5.x is
used as linker script whitout any definitions
for XRAMEND? How do this work.

I short time ago i have to change my linker
script for enabling external ram.
So I have set up a script for avr8515
with more external ram, but all
the scripts have changed for the new libc.
Must I change the new linker scripts for
doing the thing?

Is there any document to understand all this
nice stuff?

Thanks
        Klaus