[avr-gcc-list] jtagice and avarice not work

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] jtagice and avarice not work
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:20:19 +0200

Hallo all,

I have a new avr jtag ice. Shipped in
february to my dealer. I ordered it last
week and got this one now.

If I want to set the execution position,
the avr-gdb got "E01". Try it a second
time after that error the debugger hang

avr-gdb is version 5.2.1 (no patch needed? Theodore?)
avarice is 1.5.

Anything to old here? (Maybe to new :-))

I donĀ“t really know the firmware number. The only
thing I know is that avr studio want to update this
firmware version (avr-studio version 4.04 build 166)
So, this firmware might be to old for windows
and to new for avarice.

Question 1:
Has anyone a running avarice/jtag combination and
can give me the correct firmware version?
You are able to set execution position and
could you single step after that?

Question2:
Has anyone updatet with the actual windows avr studio
and know if avarice is running after that.
There is no way back i think.
If the protocol changes a bit i will again rework
it and bring that up to actual. But
if atmel has dirty tricks in to push the free world
out i have a problem. Any one out there how can tell me
what is ongoing here?

Question3:
What should I do now? :-)

It looks like a complete broken toolchain.
uisp is currently not working with actual
stk500 boards! :-( I have added some bugfixes
this week but this changes are not part of cvs :-(
In addition only 2 devices with stk500 tested. mega128
and at1200) Also reading fusebits stk500
in serial mode is broken. Lots to do!

avarice seems also not able to run.

simulavr works, but have no EE & port and
peripherals simulation

avrmon is also broken with actual gdb.

Is there any way to come to work again?
It is nice to have the best compiler in the world
without any debug options.

Thanks
        Klaus