[avr-gcc-list] forcing address

From: Marlin Unruh
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] forcing address
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 18:57:44 -0600

Hi,

I am writing an assembly file to include some time, and sequence sensitive code. I have a lookup table that I defined in the .s file. I cannot get the compiler to place the lookup table at a given location. I want the table to be aligned with a boundary like 0x100. I could shorten the code if I could accomplish it, plus I don't like not being able to accomplish my objective.

I'm using:

.section .text .org 0x100
sine_tbl: .byte . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ; 32 bytes

The code is placed anywhere, but not where I want it.

Is it possible to do what I'm trying?
I have searched for a document listing and showing the usage of the following:

.org
.section
.text
.code