[avr-gcc-list] c library with stdio?

From: Kurt Otte
Subject: [avr-gcc-list] c library with stdio?
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 10:11:52 -0500 (EST)

I am trying to port some code from other compilers to avr gcc.  The main
hang up is library support for stdio functions.  So far this is my biggest
issue with avr-gcc.  I am very impressed with it thus far and it seems
comparable to commercial products except for the libraries are a bit thin
in places.  I can write something fairly quickly for getchar and putchar,
but things such as printf, sprintf, etc will require a bit more time and
significantly slow down my port. Before I set out to reinvent the wheel I
wondered if this problem has already been solved.  I am using avr-libc-
20020203.  Is there a new version of the library or an alternative that
supports stdio?

Thanks,

Kurt