Re: [avr-gcc-list] tool chain bug

From: Marek Michalkiewicz
Subject: Re: [avr-gcc-list] tool chain bug
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 07:53:45 +0200 (CEST)

> The avr-gcc generate the following sequence:
> _PC_ = 2
> brne _PC_-NNN
>
> Old GAS resolved `_PC_-NNN' as constant expression.
> May be something changed in expression handling code in GAS :( and new
> GAS resolve `_PC_-NNN' as expression which must be corrected at link
> stage. But, as I remember, I don't support linking of 7-bit PC
> relative relocations (BFD_RELOC_AVR_7_PCREL).

I guess the bug could be worked around in GCC by replacing all uses of _PC_
with one time labels.  Not very difficult, except that there are a lot of
places to change, it is easy to make a mistake, and 3.3 is close...

> PS: I'm very busy now and I can't fix this bug.

Same here, unfortunately.  It may be a good idea to go back to the stable
binutils 2.13 release for a while.

Marek