avr-gcc-list

AW: AW: [avr-gcc-list] mega128 series 0220 buggy

From: Schilling, Juergen (GE51)
Subject: AW: AW: [avr-gcc-list] mega128 series 0220 buggy
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 06:51:41 +0200

Hi Anton,

> The code compiles under gcc (mingw version) and I run it in a
> DOS box under win98. It accesses the LPT port directly,
> hence minor changes will be needed to get it to run under
> Linux as root. To get it to run under Win2K and XP, it would have
> be updated to use one of the available parallel port driver
> packages. I have had a look at this, but all of these seem to
assume
> the use of the Visual C compiler package. If someone can
> provide me some example code that compiles using the mingw gcc
> package, then I can add W2K and XP support.
I know about the problem of accessing hardware under NT. You can
try the following files:
http://home.t-online.de/home/holger.klabunde/multiprom/ntdriver.zip

In the zip file, there are two drivers:
giveio.sys is a driver to use it with programs that support that
driver. The other (totalio.sys) can give you unlimited io access
for every program under NT. This works well with my W2K.
Sorry , that the file documentation is in German. Take look at:
http://home.online.no/~jensts/Satellite/dvb2000/how_to_install_tota
lio.htm

I hope this can help you.

Regards,